Michael Masters Emergency and Distress Fund
- To provide services and relief from suffering, alleviate poverty, distress and financial hardship, for People Living with HIV/AIDS in Victoria.
- The disbursement of funds, food, or credit vouchers to members who face immediate financial hardship and distress.
- PLWHA Victoria relies solely upon donations to auspice the fund.
E & D Fund Administration Policy Statement
(Terms and Conditions for accessing the E & D Fund only)
- Funds are for financial emergencies and financial distress only.
- Applications should generally be made to the David Williams Fund prior to requesting assistance from the PLWHA Victoria fund.
- Applicants must be a member of PLWHA Victoria and reside in Victoria.
- The maximum amount per member per year is $50.00
- All funds provided require an application form being completed.
- Accounts / bills / quotations should be provided.
- Health Care pension card must be provided.
- Dispersal of funds shall be at the discretion of PLWHA Victoria’s designated staff member.
Accessing the Michael Masters Fund
(Terms and Conditions for accessing MMF only)
- Funds will be disbursed twice a year, subject to availability, at the end of the both the financial and calendar years.
- Proceeds can be used to purchase goods and / or services to PLWHA in financial hardship.
- Applicants must be a resident of Victoria, hold a Health Care card, or be able to show financial hardship.
- Applicants do not need to be members of PLWHA Victoria, however would be encouraged to join.
- Applications should include what is being applied for, an approximate cost of said goods or services and a reason that the applicant requires said goods or services. Applications are to be made in writing to PLWHA Victoria or emailed to
- All applications will be considered on a case by case basis with the final decision and relevant disbursements administered by a selection panel.
- All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Funds raised will be dedicated to either the Michael Masters Fund or the Emergency and Distress fund as decided by the donor. If no dedication is made, PLWHA Victoria will allocate the funds as it deems appropriate.